• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Advanced arcylics

Anyone have any experience using Advanced Acrylics out of California?

Or anyone know of any local acrylic builders? Looking for a 72" by 24" by 12"frag tank with center internal overflow. Rimless with one inch sides.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Mark,
Wasn't I standing in your foyer about 3 years back when you swore you were done ;) I think it was just as I was getting back in after swearing i was done.
Truly happy to see that stand being used properly, and that will be an amazing friggin fragger.
No personal experience but I have heard from 1 person in the past they were fantastic, and I made a purchase off a non-club member about a year back and he had something like 3 tanks built by them and swore by them.
As said, not me, but at least it's some feedback, even if 3rd person. Mrx7899x, I believe, has had a few high quality custom acrylics made, might be worth a reach out there.
I have some assorted scraps, some glue that might hold, and a hacksaw if you wanna give it a go...

Mr. Peabody and Sherman just sent me this...
IMG_3007.jpeg

Last edited:
Mark,
Wasn't I standing in your foyer about 3 years back when you swore you were done ;) I think it was just as I was getting back in after swearing i was done.
Truly happy to see that stand being used properly, and that will be an amazing friggin fragger.
No personal experience but I have heard from 1 person in the past they were fantastic, and I made a purchase off a non-club member about a year back and he had something like 3 tanks built by them and swore by them.
As said, not me, but at least it's some feedback, even if 3rd person. Mrx7899x, I believe, has had a few high quality custom acrylics made, might be worth a reach out there.
I have some assorted scraps, some glue that might hold, and a hacksaw if you wanna give it a go...

Mr. Peabody and Sherman just sent me this...
View attachment 37710
It was about 18 months ago. I have to build the tank because no one will buy my stand. The cartoon is hilarious. and we are on Osborn Island where you were suppost to buy too..

There is a guy in PA who advertises acrylic tanks and quoted me $799 for the tank, plus shipping. Not terrble.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Advanced acrylics makes one hell of a tank but who knows when you will get it. Over the past few years they have become more and more unreliable. Check out titan aquatic exhibits too. They are a few old tenacor employees. They make a great tank.

Advanced acrylics makes one hell of a tank but who knows when you will get it. Over the past few years they have become more and more unreliable. Check out titan aquatic exhibits too. They are a few old tenacor employees. They make a great tank.
Thanks, will check them out.