• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Advice about vice

I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, she said I was doing fairly well for my age. A little concerned about that comment, I couldn’t resist asking her, ‘Do you think I’ll live to be 80?’ She asked, ‘Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?’

‘Oh no,’ I replied. ‘I’m not doing drugs, either!’

Then she asked, ‘Do you eat rib eye steaks and barbecued ribs?’

‘I said, ‘Not much... My former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!’

‘Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, fishing, hiking, or bicycling?’

‘No, I don’t,’ I said.

She asked, ‘Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of "dates" with your partner?’

‘No,’ I said...

She looked at me and said, ‘Then, why do you even care?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow! I guess I'm dead and don't know it! I'll drink to that, with a medium-rare rib eye, while sitting on my overly sunny deck, picking my football wins for this coming weekend. Dance