• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Advice on RO system

Im looking to upgrade my 75 gpd system. I currently have the 4 stage 75gpd. In order to save waste water Im going to add the 2nd RO membrane. That way waste water will go through it and I can save water. (I have about 200tds readin from my well water so I think this is a good approach)

I got the triple di resin saver. I bought the different resins which Im hoping can help the depletion of the resins. Now my 3rd canister on the my original setup will still have the mixed bed Di resin. Should I relace it with something else? Another type of cartridge? Let me know your thought or maybe theres a better way of doing this. My goal is to save water and $$$. Not so much increasing the GPH. I do have a booster pump that helps tremendously.

I upgraded to 150 gl on last year sale
My incoming tds range 200-210
I am using brs pro resin, you can use mix bed resin on last canister/stage before going into storage container.
What is your psi?

Attachments

• IMG_5508.jpeg
    IMG_5508.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
I dont think I need an extra carbon since im on well water. Im thinking of adding a mixed bed resin but im not sure if that will be helpful or not. I do have CO2 issues wince on well water but its a hassle to figure out a setup to airate the water before going i to the Di resin

erics210

NJRC Member
@Sandeep, are you on a well? There are potentially other factors. I know SumpnFishy has mentioned it a few times. Hardness or something.

erics210

NJRC Member
first step they should have water tested!
—-your well may have a lot of co2 which will tear through the di.
If this you case you will need an extra step with a ro holding container.
This container needs to have an air stone to remove the co2.
Then pump through di resin.