• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Salted

NJRC Member
Let's forget the water volume limitation. Do you think the dosing pump would last long pumping close to max capacity every day? I'm not too familiar with them, therefore I don't know if these things are also made to be working nonstop.
I don't see why not. Do you know what your evaporation rate per day is? As long as you know that volume, just find a doser that can meet it and divide it to be added several times over the day and you're good. Problem is, this amount varies with temp and humidity.

Edit; while I've answered the question you asked, I agree with amado, atos' are not expensive or hard to set up. An ato is what it is, "automatic". It adjusts to the tanks evaporation rate and adds what is needed. A dosing pump needs to be programed to add a preset volume of liquid and that will be variable with your homes' temp and humidity. Today it will evaporate "X", tomorrow it will evaporate "X" + or - a little. A doseing pump is only going to dispense what it's told to each day, while an ato will self adjust and add what is needed each day on its' own.

Last edited: