• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AI Prime...

Has anyone seen the AI Prime? I think I would need like 15 of them for the new tank! I think it would be good for 20 gallon tanks just not sure about larger tanks.

Man if you just don't go with some 250 watt halides in lumenarc reflectors and some ai primes for that (blue looks) you will spend a fortune in leds. I have yet to see success in a tank large as yours with leds.

Halides and T5's

d6f60ed5971a72178b261cf95e5ecf31.jpg

d6069aa5c6409d8b30a5cee769718b32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man if you just don't go with some 250 watt halides in lumenarc reflectors and some ai primes for that (blue looks) you will spend a fortune in leds. I have yet to see success in a tank large as yours with leds.

They absolutely exist, see the RC tank of the month 900 gallons ALL LEDs, no T5s no Halides.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Tim, I was talking to a friend tonight about your tank. He asked about the size and I commented about 8 by 4 by 4 feet. His comment was that that was more than I think the 600 gallons you quoted. So we went to a tank calculator and it calculates out to 968 gallons. What are we missing?

36 high, I'm expecting to run around 32" deep or so. Outside dim is roughly 35.5, 1" acrylic top and bottom, I figure about 1" maybe 1.5" between water level and bottom of acrylic. 36" is tall enough, couldn't imagine 48"

They absolutely exist, see the RC tank of the month 900 gallons ALL LEDs, no T5s no Halides.

Not discounting their tanks. Maybe I was broad in that statement. However, I do see an overwhelming amounts of "large" tanks that STARTED with halides and are maintaining with LED's. This is not a LED VS HALIDE battle but more ppl than would like to admit it would have gone back if it wasn't for stubborness and money lost with going back to other tech. I hope Tim has excellent success with the LED's... hell.. it might make me want to switch myself!