• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aipstasia - I will NOT panic

Well for as much time as I sit and stare @ my tank, I just noticed an apistasia. Tomorrow will be the day to start testing out all of the remedies I've found online. First I'llt ry the hot water in a baster -- easiest and least expensive. More to come.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had a couple that came with my LR. Enter one peppermint shrimp, say good by Aptasia. The big one that I had I ran boiling water over and scraped out the remains until it was gone. All the rest of them the peppermint got rid of. Probably would have taken care of the big one too but I panicked ::)

Good luck getting rid of it!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I got rid of my aiptasia with a mixture of water and Kalk.
Basically I put about 3 tbsp of kalk in a glass of water mixed it up and let it sit for about 1/2 an hour and then took a syringe (no needle!) and sucked up all the crap from the bottom of the glass, shut off all the circulation in the tank and slowly covered all the aiptasia with it. It worked great!
Never had one survive that!

HTH