• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Air filter

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Having allergies, about 2 weeks back I replaced my car cabin air filter, which is behind the glovebox in cars, with a high end anti-allergen one, which I do every mid-winter.
A high end filter costs around $25, though you can get a normal one for $10, and it takes about 3 minutes to install (my 12yo can do it).

I'm putting the car in for an oil change & tire rotation yesterday (I get 2 a year in my contract).
I decided to run a test.
I put a bit of tape on the glovebox in a discreet area before I brought the car in.

Sure enough, on checkout I'm told the cabin filter is 'black' and needs changing.
Fortunately they're running a special for a mere $119.

What amazes me is that the tape is still on the glovebox.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Having allergies, about 2 weeks back I replaced my car cabin air filter, which is behind the glovebox in cars, with a high end anti-allergen one, which I do every mid-winter.
A high end filter costs around $25, though you can get a normal one for $10, and it takes about 3 minutes to install (my 12yo can do it).

I'm putting the car in for an oil change & tire rotation yesterday (I get 2 a year in my contract).
I decided to run a test.
I put a bit of tape on the glovebox in a discreet area before I brought the car in.

Sure enough, on checkout I'm told the cabin filter is 'black' and needs changing.

They all pull that ********. I never change mine as I am to lazy...lol

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Funny you should mention this. Jackie's car we pay for unlimited oil change and tire rotation which will be done today. The dealer has no info about this and as of yesterday told us we have to pay. We already have every month so I am waiting for that call and argue with them. This is not a in-house dealership item but directly from Nissan.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

I decided to run a test.

these dealership are all crooks. I have been driving for 30yrs . I have owned a lot of different cars. I always get my oil changed every 3k miles. I always use regular oil.
I was told by the oil change place that they are not doing any regular oil changes anymore. they said they will only do synthetic oil changed at $120 per car.
I said ok and I replaced my wife's car with an electric car. No more oil changes. no more people trying to offer my wife an engine flush/ or another added crap we don't need.

Last edited:

Rueric

NJRC Member

I decided to run a test.

Care to share which dealership you were working with?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Got the car back and only charged for valet service to and from my house $37.
Considering my wife's health lately will have to change the stupid filter for her.
Have the Mustang 4 years and never changed it....AHHAHAH