• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Algae Scrubber

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have ever considered making an algae scrubber but never got around to making the time to do so and don't want to spend $250 on one, someone has done the work already and its very reasonably priced.

Last edited by a moderator:

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
All your getting is a little more then a sq. ft. of what looks like grid material that you can buy at a craft store and 2 spring clips for $50. You need to buy a pump, manifold and light to complete the scrubber. Seems a little pricey.

Bob

All your getting is a little more then a sq. ft. of what looks like grid material that you can buy at a craft store and 2 spring clips for $50. You need to buy a pump, manifold and light to complete the scrubber. Seems a little pricey.

Bob
I guess thats how you view it.

I view it as an algae scrubber that comes with mounting clips, easy to remove mesh.

This is a fish tank forum, for dish tank keepers, a light clip i have and or its $6 at HD, grow bulb i have or HD.
which fish tank keeper doea not have or cannot get his hands on some 15 year old MJ...

I could also build my own fish tank and make my own stand but....

You see a simply less than $10 bucks worth of material.

I see it as something I have thought of making myself, tried to find and dont want to pay $250 nor waste my Saturday making it.

a fish tank is nothing more than silicone and 5 pieces of glass....

Come up with something of your own.
Have the determination to create, think outside the box, break the mold and dream.

You lack vision, cant afford the $50 or simply have way too much time in your hands and need a DIY project.

The end

Diego

Have the determination to create, think outside the box, break the mold and dream.

You lack vision, cant afford the $50 or simply have way too much time in your hands and need a DIY project.

The end
Diego

image.jpg

in all honesty though, bob was just pointing out that the materials for this can be had for about 15$ and all the work you have to do is cus a slit in flex pipe & the 2 rings & slide them through the mesh & viola... not an "all day" project by any means.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I agree, that tone will not be appreciated by the members of this friendly group. Would take me about 30 mins to throw together.

Ok princess

Diego

You're going to need to cool down with the condescending tones you seem to like to use.
You don't need to speak to people like this on this forum. If you want to do that, go to RC ad be the keyboard cowboy you seem to want to be. Otherwise, check your attitude at the door and be respectful to everybody on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to need to cool down with the condescending tones you seem to like to use.
You don't need to speak to people like this on this forum. If you want to do that, go to RC ad be the keyboard cowboy you seem to want to be. Otherwise, check your attitude at the door and be respectful to everybody on here.

I won't stoop to that level, well said sir.

I guess thats how you view it.

I view it as an algae scrubber that comes with mounting clips, easy to remove mesh.

This is a fish tank forum, for dish tank keepers, a light clip i have and or its $6 at HD, grow bulb i have or HD.
which fish tank keeper doea not have or cannot get his hands on some 15 year old MJ...

You see a simply less than $10 bucks worth of material.

I see it as something I have thought of making myself, tried to find and dont want to pay $250 nor waste my Saturday making it.

The end

Diego

Ok princess

Diego

IMG_5745_zpsmlmri8yw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To make a scrubber requires a stop at 2/3 stores and then time to make it.
Critics cant criticize
Haters can hate

Anyone looking for an affordable scrubber its on ebay, zero elbow grease.

Shut this down before my wife gets a note from other wives or mommy's.

Please close thread

Diego

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I just wanted to see if I could get the last word before it gets closed!

To make a scrubber requires a stop at 2/3 stores and then time to make it.
Critics cant criticize
Haters can hate

Anyone looking for an affordable scrubber its on ebay, zero elbow grease.

Shut this down before my wife gets a note from other wives or mommy's.

Please close thread

Diego

Thanks for confirming what everybody's thinking... Don't be butt hurt because we thought you priced something on eBay wrong... It's ok, no hate from here, just learn to speak to people or you won't get far...

You are an idiot
I am not selling merchandise on Ebay, read!!!!

Close this down
Phone chimes and its too easy

(Did i mention i ran out of wine sooner than expected and screwed with the dosing)

Close please, its too easy!!!

Diego

Seriously
MR sucks
Reef Central ia over saturated
Reef2reef is a joke

And this is what?? Days of our lives

Close!!!

Diego

You are an idiot
I am not selling merchandise on Ebay, read!!!!

Close this down
Phone chimes and its too easy

(Did i mention i ran out of wine sooner than expected and screwed with the dosing)

Close please, its too easy!!!

Diego

Ding

Seriously
MR sucks
Reef Central ia over saturated
Reef2reef is a joke

And this is what?? Days of our lives

Close!!!

Diego

I'd like to think of it as more like As The World Turns, but that's just me.

People like you acting like this is what makes other sites my second choice when looking for reef stuff. But please keep it up, I'm dying over here

Status
Not open for further replies.