• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Alk to high

john90009

NJRC Member
Monroereef was having the same problem- The bio-calcium you are using is a 1 part additive. It is both calcium and alkalinity so alkalinity is getting added in through there. The best i would say to do is go out and buy bright wells 2 part or the b-ionic stuff and dose the calcium part and let the alkalinity get lower by its self.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I have same issue. Check my post today about same issue.
The bio calciun raises calcium and alk both. Yeah even though the label does not say so.

I never really had a problem with the bio calcium rasing the alk and i have been using it for awhile now. what i think, is i made the stupid mistake and rushed the other day and added reefbuilder instead of buffer like an idiot

john90009 said:
as long as you figured out why hah thats good, now its the fun part of correcting it.

LOL i just retraced my steps and yep i think that is what i did wrong arrrrgggg nothing is really being affected by it except i can't keep on top of the calcium