• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

All for Reef

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I did three liquid bottles of AFR. I got a notification from BRS on June 30th that the powder was in stock. I have been using it since mid- july. I use the 1000ml empty bottles to mix the powder and rodi.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just remember you can't test the water once you dose it to know if your alk is on target. The All for Reef is ok, but it is hard to judge the dosing of it based on alk since it won't show up readily in an alk test, at least initially. After using it for a while it will show up. I now give it 4 or more hours before I run a test

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just remember you can't test the water once you dose it to know if your alk is on target. The All for Reef is ok, but it is hard to judge the dosing of it based on alk since it won't show up readily in an alk test, at least initially. After using it for a while it will show up. I now give it 4 or more hours before I run a test
I always wait 24hrs to test using the doser to ensure the daily amount us added.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Parameters before ARF:

ALK - 7.5, doser using baking soda method
Calc - 400, manual, 20ml weekly
Mag - 1350, manual, 2 teaspoons weekly

Starting with 8ml daily of AFR.

used to love AFR but at one point be comes a bit expensive, the diy mix is pretty good, at one point I was dosing about 100ml a day:)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
used to love AFR but at one point be comes a bit expensive, the diy mix is pretty good, at one point I was dosing about 100ml a day:)
I was dosing 130ml of the Baking soda solution daily. My concern is going away 1st 2 weeks of Dec and worried levels will drop because in April that's exactly what happened.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
The AFR will help maintain whatever values you start with as Ca and alkalinity. It is not great for raising alkalinity, much better at maintaining it. Be aware that it will do a good job to both maintain and raise Ca level. When you run your tests, add alkalinity if low when Ca is at the correct range

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Good luck
Parameters before ARF:

ALK - 7.5, doser using baking soda method
Calc - 400, manual, 20ml weekly
Mag - 1350, manual, 2 teaspoons weekly

Starting with 8ml daily of AFR.
Parameters 5 days later.
ALK - 8.3
Calc - 350
Mag - 1190

I did not manual dose Calc or Mag. usually dose it manually each week.
Question: Should I dose them now to raise the Calc and Mag or just leave it since everything is stable and looking good?

Parameters 5 days later.
ALK - 8.3
Calc - 350
Mag - 1190

I did not manual dose Calc or Mag. usually dose it manually each week.
Question: Should I dose them now to raise the Calc and Mag or just leave it since everything is stable and looking good?

Mine stays in range.
My calcium stays a little bit high.
I would just let the system adjust to this numbers and only does if goes too low.
Your tank it’s lps dominant it’ll do great because it’s going to be stable

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Finally got around to testing after vacation.

Nov 12 parameters:
ALK - 8.3
Calc - 350
Mag - 1190
PH - 8

Dec 12 Parameters:
Alk - 8.2
Calc - 350
Mag - 1350
Ph - 8

Seems consistent which is good. Still debating if I should try to raise calcium.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Two months in and see great improvement with the tank. Clam has grown, corals encrusting nicely and some minor polyp extension.

Using the liquid it cost me about 50 cents a day. I will be buying the powder soon and mixing it.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
A few pics.

Attachments

• 20211230_150705.jpg
    20211230_150705.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20211230_150700.jpg
    20211230_150700.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 20211230_150658.jpg