• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Amazing

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have not added anything at all to my tank in well over a year and about three years for rock. Due to total lack of maintenance I now have a couple of aiptasia, no big deal, they have always come and gone. What amazes me is the fact that I have 1 majano anemone now. Never had one in this tank before. It amazes me that things like this just pop up when the conditions are right.

I have one in my nano that popped up. No corals or rock in it.... Just dry Reefrocks.... figure that one out!

Not surprised. I had a similar thing happen to me. I had a piece of reefrocks that I got from our last swap. It dry and quite dead. Plus it sat in my garage for a good 4 months. I finally added it to a nano. That is the first time it touched water. Two day later I see something in one of the holes. I ignore it. After a few weeks I decide to pull if out. Tweezers in the water, as soon as I got close it shoots in the hole, fast. Never saw it again.

They are like earthworms and sea stars....just 100 times more annoying. Most marine life is pretty resilient though. Sandy (10 days without power, 7 days no water circulation with an average water temp of 60) took what I thought was everything from my tank, but just recently I have had some button polyps show up all around the tank and what I thought was a dead blueberry sea fan came back to life.