• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Amphipods and Copepods from Aquarium Depot

Aquarium Depot is running their "Buy 1000 Pods, Get 1000 Pods for Free" Promotion again. Since the offer's set to expire within a couple hours, I went ahead and placed a large order (to take advantage of the free shipping).

I'll have a couple extra portions available. I know a lot of people were interested in this the last time Wilson placed an order. Cost works out to $40 for 2000 Pods (mixture of amphipods and copepods). If you'd like a portion, send me a PM. However, you'll have to be able to pick up from me in Florham Park, 07932. I anticipate delivery on Wednesday but will get confirmation when they ship.

Live copepods & amphipods feed picky fish & eat detritus in saltwater aquariums. (aquariumdepot.com)

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey will take 2000 pods for $40.
I can also pick up

OK, I got a few responses overnight so I'm basically all out for now. I have PoeticInjustice, Amado, and Kabal2 for a full portion of 2000 each.

Rockfish - I can do a half portion (1000 pods) for you for $20 if you'd like. Just let me know.

Otherwise, everything's gone unless somebody backs out. I'll try to post for a group buy if I get more advanced notice next time. Unfortunately, this one seemed like a flash sale they were running...

OK, I got a few responses overnight so I'm basically all out for now. I have PoeticInjustice, Amado, and Kabal2 for a full portion of 2000 each.

Rockfish - I can do a half portion (1000 pods) for you for $20 if you'd like. Just let me know.

Otherwise, everything's gone unless somebody backs out. I'll try to post for a group buy if I get more advanced notice next time. Unfortunately, this one seemed like a flash sale they were running...
@brokereefer - perfect, I’ll take 1000

Salted

NJRC Member
Damn too late on this. If anyone backs out I’m in please. If anyone wants to split their order lmk.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

This was really nice of you. We can all use some pods in our lives.

If anyone backs out, LMK.
AQD pods are nice - they always send a nice mix of large and small copies and amphipods. used to cost 20.00 for 2K, but they wised up! lol ;)
i have bought more than my fair share from them

Who doesn't love pods? That's why I've been culturing tig pods recently (it helped that i already had multiple Phyto stations set up) it's awesome. Recommend to everyone here

Salted

NJRC Member
Since I missed out on this I ordered from a guy on R2R that cultures them and gets great reviews. I want to establish a large self sustaining population in my tank to keep my mandarin happy and well fed. Dosing phyto now to help establish them. While it looks like culturing your own phyto and pods sounds fairly easy it's just another thing on my already too long life's list of things to do.

Last edited:
Since I missed out on this I ordered from a guy on R2R that cultures them and gets grate reviews. I want to establish a large self sustaining population in my tank to keep my mandarin happy and well fed. Dosing phyto now to help establish them. While it looks like culturing your own phyto and pods sounds fairly easy it's just another thing on my already too long life's list of things to do.

53og5g.jpg

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

Thank you for the pods. These are the best pods I have ever purchased. They are huge !! I have done multiple orders with algae barn and this is by far better

Since I missed out on this I ordered from a guy on R2R that cultures them and gets great reviews. I want to establish a large self sustaining population in my tank to keep my mandarin happy and well fed. Dosing phyto now to help establish them. While it looks like culturing your own phyto and pods sounds fairly easy it's just another thing on my already too long life's list of things to do.
I ordered a couple of bottles of pods and a bottle of phyto from that guy a few weeks ago and it went well. Had the intention of starting pod and phyto cultures. Them phyto culture is chugging along and I’m about to split it. I got distracted while I was adding the pods to my tank and forgot to hold onto a bottle... ooops. Time to order more.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Aquarium Depot is running their "Buy 1000 Pods, Get 1000 Pods for Free" Promotion again. Since the offer's set to expire within a couple hours, I went ahead and placed a large order (to take advantage of the free shipping).

I'll have a couple extra portions available. I know a lot of people were interested in this the last time Wilson placed an order. Cost works out to $40 for 2000 Pods (mixture of amphipods and copepods). If you'd like a portion, send me a PM. However, you'll have to be able to pick up from me in Florham Park, 07932. I anticipate delivery on Wednesday but will get confirmation when they ship.

Live copepods & amphipods feed picky fish & eat detritus in saltwater aquariums. (aquariumdepot.com)
That was a really nice thing to do.