• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anemone not extending tips <pictures>

salt 1.025 ph 8.0 ammo 0 rite 0 rate 0 water perfect about 3 weeks ago the anemone got stuck in filter got him out but now he isnt extending the tips any reason why no rips or anything happen to him mouth closed sticking very good25359845_1762155603824113_1494834559_n.jpg 25371372_1762156367157370_2082116945_o.jpg

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If he just got chopped up a bit, give em some time to recuperate. If his foot is solid then it'll be ok. If its slimy and falling apart, then he's a goner

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Wouldn't worry. Looks healthy. They're tempermental. As long as its locked down on a rock, isn't discoloring, isn't deteriorating, and isn't trailing any stringy stuff out of its 'mouth' it should be OK. I've had a few in the past that, due to minor trauma or tank fluctuations, stayed closed for weeks.
Plus, its still hosting a clown, which will feed it, so all should be groovie.

got 2 new Aquatop SkyLED 36 " Aquarium Light for Reef Tanks had a cheap one from amazon which i found out was for freshwater not saltwater ...

Attachments

• 61wuUcPq9VL._SL1000_.jpg
    61wuUcPq9VL._SL1000_.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2
I have 2 rainbow bubble tips I got from another member when I saw them I, his tank they were closed and,shrunk but I was told they were about 4 inchs in diameter and decent size opened up. When I put them in,the tank they remained small and,shrunk up for months finally they started to reinflate they are still rather small but slowly they have gotten bigger each week