• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anemone + Powerhead HELP!

Need help. My anemone somehow got into my powerhead through my nem guard. It happened within the last hour. I have 10g worth of salt mixing but I'm afraid it won't mix fast enough. It usually takes 24 hrs to finish mixing completely. (20g long)

Tank is cloudy and my corals aren't happy. I added a big bag of carbon. Any help on what else I can do????

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If you're in Brick or local I have 10g of Red Sea Pro mixed and ready to go, was planning on WC tomorrow morning.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey put it in a basket in a different tank.
I had this happen and the anenome was about to fix itself back.

How is your anemone and other inhabitants doing.
So Anemone was dead. Cut in half basically. Tank got cloudy but fish seemed fine. Corals were closed off or halfway open.

Did 50% water change, changed floss and added chemipure blue as well as carbon. (redundant but didn't wanna take a chance). The carbon cleared up the tank within the hour while I mixed saltwater. Was able to do 50% water change.
Everything looks fine except for one of my candy cane coral which lost all color and is showing some skeleton. All parameters are within range but might do another 25% water change to be sure.

So Anemone was dead. Cut in half basically. Tank got cloudy but fish seemed fine. Corals were closed off or halfway open.

Did 50% water change, changed floss and added chemipure blue as well as carbon. (redundant but didn't wanna take a chance). The carbon cleared up the tank within the hour while I mixed saltwater. Was able to do 50% water change.
Everything looks fine except for one of my candy cane coral which lost all color and is showing some skeleton. All parameters are within range but might do another 25% water change to be sure.
Sorry to hear about the nem. But sounds like you have it under control. I would add that yes you should do another water change. When Nems die the really let out a lot of bad stuff. And dilution is your best Freind. Best of luck Freind

Hey buddy how did you make out with your tank