• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Another boring 180G

Hey Danny..... How are you liking the T5's compared to the MH you use to have? Do you see a difference in the colors of the corals? Also, what do you think about the BM skimmer? I 've been eyeing one out but they are pretty expensive.

I like korilias cuz they have nice wide flow range and only 8w per 1200gph. Stop by and checkout my setup, Willie. You'll see a huge difference in my SPS and Bubble master skimmer is awesome.

Some update pics
GreatWolfLodge2008077.jpg

GreatWolfLodge2008087.jpg

GreatWolfLodge2008090.jpg

GreatWolfLodge2008080.jpg

My emeral crab just had babies. Can't believe it. I was cleaning my skimmer and my sump light came on, I saw this crab on top of my cheato and she released a cloud of this baby crabs from her belly!!!
IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

That's awesome. I was shocked the first time i saw my cerith snails lay eggs and now they do it every two weeks. Maybe you got a good one and she'll keep doing it. Good luck with them.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's incredible. Congrats on the spawning. Hopefully some of them survive.

Wow!!! Your tank looks fantastic and so many frags :) I think I will visit you again ;) Your previous tank is doing good too, but I still don't have any SPS, maybe it's time to give it a try.
Eva

amazing tank! how many fish do you have? i see a yellow tang, hippo tang, purple tang, 2 bartlett, 2 percs, and a cleaner wrasse- is that it?

just wondering b/c i have a 180g too, so far i have 2 percs and 4 bartletts. plan on adding a couple tangs in the coming months.

Thanks, finally got a decent point and shoot camera.
I have the following fish:
Yellow tang, purple tang, hippo tang, clown fish, 5 anthias, 6 line wrasse, cleaner wrasse, goby fish, huma huma, banggai fish and blackcap basslet. I like keep it small on bioload ::) LOL
Can't believe I just started this saltwater hobby last year!!! I hope I don't get bore with it.

Oh, I have 4 peppermint shrimps, 5 emeral crabs, about 50 astrea snails and 20 scarlet crabs. Huma huma pick @ them, but he is my favorite fish :p

roadking05 said:
Oh, I have 4 peppermint shrimps, 5 emeral crabs, about 50 astrea snails and 20 scarlet crabs. Huma huma pick @ them, but he is my favorite fish :p

yeah they are one of my fav fish too, i had a few over the years. i tried keeping one in my 55g before i upgraded to 180g but he ate snail and hermits like they were popcorn.