• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

another dumb question by me..lol

my 180 gallon tank has two corner overflows...When you look at them from the outside , it looks like something from the movie aliens..i mean there are hundreads of pods, bugs, all kinds of things swimming around as well as all these things growing all over the pvc pipes and walls. the overflows get light all day because my actnics are over them so when the lights are on they are getting a normal lighting period. Anyway would my overflow, the way they are be considered kinda of like a fuge? are the explosion of pods and stuff due to the slow water flow and it not being disturbed? Should i add anything to to help out? LIke the green stringy algea (cheato (sp?) i think its called)...i mean has anyone turned their overflows into a fuge? or is that crazy? sorry for the newbie questions...lol..

I agree. Just let it be. The pods will get out. Adding cheota would chance blocking you pipes as stated before. They should hopefully find their way back in your tank to be eaten by something ;D

thats what i figured, i wasn't gonna do anything to it, i was just curious...i guess all the life in there picked that spot because its undisturbed and predator free in both sides...thanks for the replies..

+1 what adesimone and mgonz said. It'll probably block up your overflow and then you'll get a nice flood out of the top of the tank.

No question is a dumb question here, but as the others have stated, I would also leave it alone, you dont want the chaeto to go into your pipes and disturb your flow of water that could potentially lead to a problem.