• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any complaints on Quiet One 4000 for return?

I just caught this good thread below polling the club about their return pump preference and the picture is becoming more clear. (thanks prettyboy!)

Based on the fact that I plan on going to a bigger tank within a year or two, I am leaning on going budgeted minded and buying a Quiet One 4000 for my 75G with a scwdII on it. I plan on going external on my return after this period. Anyone have any complaints on this pump? I see one experienced reefer believes in them (Reefsandlotts)

Thanks
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=9446.0

my complain to these QuietOne is that Noisy One instead. I got 2 Quiet One 400 as my return pump and my closeloop pump. they are not quiet at all. Very noisy for my living room so I have to shut it of and buy the Mag. Mag isn't that quiet either but a little better.

Thanks Guys. The pump will go in a sump plumbed to a different room, so I can tolerate a little noise to save some dough. I have not had good luck with Magdrives as of late. I think I will go with this in the group buy. I might up it to a 6000.