• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any deals on Instant Ocean 160 Gal

I'm not sure of any deals, but I hear Instant Ocean isn't good anymore. I'm still debating what my next bucket is going to be.

Does anyone know of the best salt to use? I was using Kent sea salt but ran out so i have a big bucket of reef crystal salt is this any good? Anyone!!!! In the past i used instant ocean why arent they any good anymore?

It changed hands and they started having problems with the salt. Someone on here might know more about it. I don't remember exactly what was happening, but a lot of people had problems with it.

The problem with IO and RC salt is they are now made in China....

As far as the best salt well if you want to spend the money Tropic Marin Pro and H2Ocean are just 2 that are considered the best.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How is H2Ocean for silicates? I suspect the RedSea Pro I'm using as contributing to a silicate issue (never had one before using this salt).

I'm going to try Seachem reef next. I've heard really good things about it. The only slight on it I know of is that Boron is 2X NSW.

Check Aquatic Obsessions . There salt is usually priced fair and then theres the club discount .