• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any Deer Hunters here?

Went into woods today to check out my tree stand that's been sitting there since last year. Afterwards went to Dicks to get license but they ran out of the book. Anyone know when season opens this year?

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Here is what I found for 2008. Good luck, there are way too many deer in our area.

Bow - Sept. 13 - Nov. 20, 2008 and Dec. 1, 2008 - Jan. 4, 2009
Gun - Nov. 22 - Nov. 30, 2008
Muzzleloader - Dec. 1 - Dec. 10, 2008
Youth Deer Hunt - Oct. 11 & 12, 2008
Statewide Antlerless Hunt - Dec. 11 - Dec. 14, 2008

momof6kids

NJRC Member
vincent6396 said:
Thanks Momof6kids, unfortunately I hunt down south. But I can let you borrow my bow ;).

I have a few bows here still. I just hit targets, though with the deer eating all my flowers and plants this year, I am tempted to get them out.

My 26 year old son was a hunter, his wife doesn't like hunting so, he has given it up. Bow and shotgun.

I learned to make deer sausage and ground venison was great in chili. And if I wrapped the roast in enough bacon they were edible too. ;D

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
momof6kids said:
vincent6396 said:
Thanks Momof6kids, unfortunately I hunt down south. But I can let you borrow my bow ;).

I have a few bows here still. I just hit targets, though with the deer eating all my flowers and plants this year, I am tempted to get them out.

My 26 year old son was a hunter, his wife doesn't like hunting so, he has given it up. Bow and shotgun.

I learned to make deer sausage and ground venison was great in chili. And if I wrapped the roast in enough bacon they were edible too. ;D

Venison.. :p yuck

momof6kids

NJRC Member
magic said:
momof6kids said:
vincent6396 said:

Venison.. :p yuck

Bob, that's why I learned to make sausage and chili, a lot of spices to hide the strong flavor of the venison. And why I would wrap the roast in lots of bacon. :p