• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any extreme couponers?

I am just curious but my wife is an extreme couponer and I help her cut coupons every sunday. She doesn't go as crazy as the people on the show (keep in mind NJ's groceries has many restrictions that prevent you from achieving savings like they do on the show) but we have saved a lot. Last week we went shopping and saved $84.00 in coupons and store savings. Our bill was $35.00 for massive amounts of cleaning products, household, cereal, meat, and lots more, things that we really need. We do buy in bulk and recently bought a freezer for the basement. It is really worth it. Last year we would spend close to $300 and last barely 2 weeks. Now we spend $150 and last for about 2 to 3 months.

She also does it to have more money to feed my addiction!! (reefing):glee:

I looks like my wife needs to meet yours I would love to have more money for my tank too. Its just my wife my 3 year old and me and for some reason we spend $150 a week can't figure that out.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My wife is one. I pickup 4 newspapers every Sunday and she saves a lot of money. Went shopping last week and the bill was $208 and only paid about $24.
In fact she is starting to give coupon classes.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Same here. we spend like 25 bucks in papers a week

the wife is a stay at home pregnant wife now. i have heard of this "extreme" cuponing. any where can can find a primer?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Check out the TLC channel. That and the lifetime channel is the bane of my existence.....

Hmmmm. A possible use of the parental controls???? to block

LOL