• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any LFS sell DC8's or 4's

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My DC8 went on me last night. Can't wait for shipping from an on line vendor. Chillers down and don't want to turn on the 400watt Halides or I'll have to run the chiller manually. Any other suggestions if a LFS don't have them in stock? Thanks.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, I'm not sure if any LFS carry them. If nobody comes up with any ideas, hook up with John or Phyl and take my DC8 from the group buy. Then just order a new one and I'll take that when it comes in.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the offer Matt. Hopefully someone seen them at a local store.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not a problem either way. I can wait a few extra days to hook it up if need be. Stupid me didn't order calibration fluid so I have to get that first anyway.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You need PH 7 and 10 fluid? I can bring you a few packs of each to the meeting this week if thats the fluid you need. If your not going, I can give them to someone going down your way.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ed. It should have went on me the other day when you were there, then I would have asked you to pick it up for me. Hopefully it rains on Sunday and I can't take the boat out for the season inspection, then I can take the road trip to THR.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, we have a dc8 that's not in use yet and a chiller that has its own thermostat that you could use. Let me know which one you want and when you'll be here to get it.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Phyl. I'm trying to get to an electronic store to P/U a fuse and see if that's the problem. I wrapped a piece of aluminum foil around the fuse and still didn't work. (It used to work on my older vehicles with the glass fuses.) Right now I have a neighbor comming over while I work and plug the chiller in every 2 hours for 15 minutes. That worked fine today. Thanks for the offer, you'se are the best. I'll let you know if things start to get any worse off. Thanks again.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, that chiller is just sitting in the basement collecting dust. Let me know how we can get it to you! I'd rather see it being used to help you out than doing nothing.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, with temps like today you can't afford to wait. What time will you be here?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks people. I replaced the fuse. Everythings working now. I suggest anyone with AC's, to keep an extra fuse on hand. They only sell them at electronic stores. It's a 5x22 mm 15amp 120volt. I picked up a few extras if anyone wants one.