• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

any viper alarm gurus?

anyone know how to disable a viper alarm? I tried setting it in valet mode but i can't get it to work. put into ignition on - within 5 seconds press and hold the valet button. nothing no beeps. i think i'll end up trying it again but no clue what else to try. I can't find the brain to just turn it off completely.

i don't know the exact viper model. as mentioned can't find the brain and the car was bought used. it was raining and hard to work on.

john90009

NJRC Member
look for the fuse going to the viper alarm or where ever the power source is and unplug it? mine acts weird like if you unlock it with the alarm box the alarm will go off so i just unplugged it.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
john90009 said:
look for the fuse going to the viper alarm or where ever the power source is and unplug it?

And hope there is no battery backup! LOL...If you find out the model, They had all their owners manuals online, At least they did when I needed mine 6 months ago.

yeah. i'll be trying to get under there and figure it out better. i felt bad for my neighbors (apartment complex) so i stopped for the night. was trying to figure out everything for about an hour + and all you can hear is the loud alarm sound. they are S.O.L today. i'll have to try and get it fixed.

i know it said it requires a 30W fuse so i can go off that. but it'll be a pain if they spliced the wire and hooked into it like that.

so i figured out it was a viper 5000 and it is a great alarm. now i have to buy a 100$ remote for it and reprogram it. not sure if i want to do this myself or get it done. i'll find out as i go along.

evoIX said:
so i figured out it was a viper 5000 and it is a great alarm. now i have to buy a 100$ remote for it and reprogram it. not sure if i want to do this myself or get it done. i'll find out as i go along.

I'll find out how much a remote is for you and programming shouldn't be a problem.

viper 5000 is only compatible with a 489v and a 474v. horse poop. it does have extremely good reviews though. and i know why. i can't start my car without disabling the alarm or the viper system. which the wire's are hardwired into the system. unless i'm a thief i wouldn't want to cut all the cords or even chance cutting the power wire and causing more issues for myself.

i bought the remote already it better come one day shipping plus instructions.

I heard a story of a guy who parked his porsche and went into a place for dinner. Heard his alarm going off later on and ran out. Seen his porsche's tail lights down the road and his viper alarm was sitting on the sidewalk. Dont know if its true but its funny!

A 100 for the remote, thats a joke. They might as well stick a gun in your face and take your wallet too. You look for one on ebay?