• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anybody Keeping Lizards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is much harder finding a hobbiest within lizard keeping that fish!

I have 2 beautiful lizards that I have had since babies, they are just about 6 years old. And I'm trying to re-home them to a experienced hobbiest.

One is a crested gecko and the other is a gargoyle gecko.

If anyone keeps these repitiles or knows anyone who does please send then my way!

43bea810489130497e272e9868b4404d.jpg
91e1a10d5d52e2c10c92e075573b706f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a male crested gecko for a few years now.
Is your's a female?
How much you asking for them?
Love gargoyles and always wanted one.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was going to say I think Madreefer is an experienced reptile keeper...

Yes, between my son and we have had geckos, chameleons, bearded dragons, tortoises, turtles (land and water), tree frogs, dart frogs, snakes and salamanders.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Love lizards. My son gave his two monitor lizards to the Philadelphia zoo last summer. There was no way I was going to be able to keep up with feeding them and cleaning their monster size cages. They each were 3 feet long. Good luck finding a home

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Love lizards. My son gave his two monitor lizards to the Philadelphia zoo last summer. There was no way I was going to be able to keep up with feeding them and cleaning their monster size cages. They each were 3 feet long. Good luck finding a home

I had a 50lb Sulcata tortoise; built an 6 foot pen in my house for the winter which he hated. But in summer he strolled the yard. I hated to give him up but did 3 years ago; I loved that guy.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
My son had to give them away due to starting at Monmouth U this past fall. He was pretty sad for the longest time. He kept the cages he built. The biggest cage is 6 feet wide and deep and 7 feet tall. My son always had leaves and dirt on the carpet. A mini fridge for frozen mice and live worms in his room . Monitor lizards require this bio environment in the dirt.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My son had to give them away due to starting at Monmouth U this past fall. He was pretty sad for the longest time. He kept the cages he built. The biggest cage is 6 feet wide and deep and 7 feet tall. My son always had leaves and dirt on the carpet. A mini fridge for frozen mice and live worms in his room . Monitor lizards require this bio environment in the dirt.

I was kicked out of my home office to make room and we had a mini freezer. The tortoise pen 8x4 took most of my living room.

I have a male crested gecko for a few years now.
Is your's a female?
How much you asking for them?
Love gargoyles and always wanted one.
Not asking anything for them execpt for a great home. Both are females. It's been just about a year I've been searching for a home for them... Only now did I think of trying a reefing form.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Reposting if allowed. If not mods please delete.
For certain reasons cannot keep these guys.
You get two Zoo Med cages, decor, good n water bowls.
One female gargoyle gecko.
Pair M/F crested geckos. They laid two eggs but saw it late.
LMK if interested.

erics210

NJRC Member
Hi Marcus, I was originally interested in these for my 16 year old daughter. She has raised several variesties of lizards and lost two dragons last year when we went away. Not sure what the pet sitter did, but they were in bad shape when we returned and was very upsetting.
Let me know. Will message you contact info. Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.