• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone else see the large discounts on Neptune

Just got an email from BRS and wow. Dos for 269. SKY is 200.00 off. What’s the deal. Do they plan on coming out with a new version of the dos or SKY. Neptune never has discounts like this. It’s their
“Mega summer sale”

I think it all has to do with the Apex v3 that was just released. They have most of the older gear with a certain percentage off which is still 100% compatible with the new Apex.

I would highly recommend the dos to anyone who might be thinking about it. I have two and replaced the fitting with John Guest fittings (RODI line) to make things nice and easy. They work great and super easy to configure never had a single problem and so simple to adjust.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have extremely minimal technology with my tank and have no idea what these are, Dos / SKY.
Same here as @MadReefer. Two months ago I finally installed a doser that had been sitting in my closet for 1 year. These dos, apex and sky conversations are like me listening to someone speaking Russian

Same here as @MadReefer. Two months ago I finally installed a doser that had been sitting in my closet for 1 year. These dos, apex and sky conversations are like me listening to someone speaking Russian
There is so much you can do with them and being able to control and monitor things in one area is so simple and conventional.

One screen shows my ph, temp, how much alk and cal I'm dosing and the amount left in the container along with being able to turn off any one of those things instantly.

Screenshot_20220812-115726_APEX Fusion.jpg
Screenshot_20220812-115738_APEX Fusion.jpg

erics210

NJRC Member
There is so much you can do with them and being able to control and monitor things in one area is so simple and conventional.

One screen shows my ph, temp, how much alk and cal I'm dosing and the amount left in the container along with being able to turn off any one of those things instantly.

View attachment 45452
View attachment 45453
really need an Apex user to help me do an initial setup of an apex i picked up. still sitting along side the tank. No Clue.

It’s just like anything else once you use it you will understand what to do. I am not computer savvy and thought the same thing. There is a lot out there on YouTube and BRS site that teaches you. Now that I have had it for a couple years I would never not have it on my tank. It completely automated my system and makes me feel at ease anytime I’m away since I can make corrections via my phone. It also alerts me anytime something isn’t right. Also made my swap to AFR easier with using the Trident. Able to test my water several times a day without even being there.

really need an Apex user to help me do an initial setup of an apex i picked up. still sitting along side the tank. No Clue.
It's super easy. Where are you located I will gladly help as long as you aren't 100 miles away lol. Once you plug it in there is a tasks button that helps you setup every one of your items like a return pump, protein skimmer, ato, powerhead etc...

You get a 2 head doser that works with the apex unit. You need the apex to use the doser. The apex Controls everything the doser can do which is a lot

Had i not already invested in three kamoer X-1s..i would actually think about it...but given I have three dosers and they work well...Im standing pat.

Plus about $500 for the APex controller?
With the new ones coming out I'm sure you can find an Apex EL (Thats what I use in my office tank, the frag tank is full Apex) for cheaper than 500. I think I paid 350 for mine, You can do so many things with it like when you clean your pumps you turn on power monitoring to manage how many watts the pump is using. When it gets down to a point where the pump is getting clogged it uses less wattage and will send you a warning depending on what limits you set. This can save you from having a completely clogged return and or see when your powerheads really need to be cleaned out. There are so many small things that can be done with the system that people don't even realize. You can get leak detection monitors so if your tank starts to leak you will get a text immediately so you don't find out hours later when half your tank is on the floor.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I am all for the latest and greatest but the latest offerings from Neptune are way too much for what they do. I have an apex jr + 2 BRS dosers costing me less than the cost of one DOS and does basically the same thing. I don't see the need to daily monitor ALK and especially not CALC and MAG levels. Why would it change everyday anyway? For me all I need from Apex is temp control. I have remotely run my tank for up to 3 months with some WiFi plugs costing almost nothing.

To each his own. It’s not for everyone, but I know it gives me piece of mind to make sure all of my fish and coral will always be monitored and allow me to make instant changes if something were to happen if I was away.

erics210

NJRC Member
It's super easy. Where are you located I will gladly help as long as you aren't 100 miles away lol. Once you plug it in there is a tasks button that helps you setup every one of your items like a return pump, protein skimmer, ato, powerhead etc...
Sadly, I am one of the Up North people…
Dumont 07628

appreciate the offer.

we will see what the weekend holds. Maybe I plug it in and try and figure it all out!