• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone have a trigger ruby elite sump?

I have a couple questions about this sump if you have one could you let me know.
I have a one running now and like to know what you did in the return section
Thanks Dan

I'm running the ruby elite 36 on my system. What were you wondering about it? Mines kind of the hub for the fish room
cb93bf7322233b087504fb9f22fe35de.jpg
48faf2099c4e504c4d3aaf4dae5d9b50.jpg
4a0646c229552fa3aa0770da96424411.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response
It looks like my sump was built before they added the adjustable water height for the return section. So that leaves me with about 4-1/2 ins in the return section. I run a DCT 15,000 for my return pump.
Did you have to add anything to your drain area to make the return section water level higher? Not sure if that made any sense at all but I can include pictures if needed.
Also have you been using the refugium section? I have one drain going to the one sock and then I split the second drain and added a T and a valve to slow that section down my problem is it’s pouring bubbles out like crazy which I’m sure is bad for the refugium section.

Thanks for the response
It looks like my sump was built before they added the adjustable water height for the return section. So that leaves me with about 4-1/2 ins in the return section. I run a DCT 15,000 for my return pump.
Did you have to add anything to your drain area to make the return section water level higher? Not sure if that made any sense at all but I can include pictures if needed.
Also have you been using the refugium section? I have one drain going to the one sock and then I split the second drain and added a T and a valve to slow that section down my problem is it’s pouring bubbles out like crazy which I’m sure is bad for the refugium section.

I'm actually running the same pump and mine also doesn't have the adjustable baffles. Your level of your ATO will actually determine the return chamber level. I run mine so it's the same depth as the skimmer chamber and it seems to work well.

As far as the fuge I don't run it as a fuge since I have a 55 gallon fuge in the filter room. I pump water from main chamber up the stack then the fuge/sump/frag system drains into that fuge section on mine. If the bubbles are a concern, take a piece of 2" PVC and attach eggcrate to the bottom of it then slide that over refigium feed pipe and put something underneath to keep the bottom open but close to the sump floor. This will allow the water to go out the bottom but force the bubbles to rise up and pop on the surface. Very rough sketch done on my phone to visually show what I mean is attached (I'm a very poor artist, haha. Especially with my giant fingers on a small screen)
7b2f94b27bd2c223abb998e129c9dbd6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk