• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone selling used equipment?

I have a 55-gallon tank by my front door. It gets a lot of sunlight so algae growth has been a problem. I got some snails and they took care of the algae growth on the structures but after that was taken care of my water was still green, even after water changes, filter changes, and additives the water seemed to just get worse. I bought this Fluval UV sterilizer as a last ditch before I was going to empty and do a deep clean, which I didn’t want to do since I already had my tank established. I am so happy to say this has solved my problem.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
  • Noopsyche K7Pro III light, bracket and controller. Used for less than a hour

• Red Sea ReefLED 160S and bracket. New sealed from the manufacture

(I am a T5 user and don't like LED lighting)

I have a 55-gallon tank by my front door. It gets a lot of sunlight so algae growth has been a problem. I got some snails and they took care of the algae growth on the structures but after that was taken care of my water was still green, even after water changes, filter changes, and additives the water seemed to just get worse. I bought this Fluval UV sterilizer as a last ditch before I was going to empty and do a deep clean, which I didn’t want to do since I already had my tank established. I am so happy to say this has solved my problem.
My aquarium had a rather serious case of bacterial and algae blooms before I used this UV sterilizer. It was so bad that even complete water changes did not help make the water look even halfway clear.