• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

anyone successfully *control* majanos?

Wow, these things do spread and grow fast!! I just added the rock with the majano hitchhikers on Wednesday of last week and took it back out on Saturday to remove the buggers in a bucket before they spread. Ha! Too late. On Friday I had noticed what I thought was a new zoa head popping up on an older rock that has some anthelia and zoanthids growing on it. On Saturday it had doubled in size and the anthelia had started to pull away from it, so I suspected it was a majano. On Sunday it was the size of my thumbnail, so I nuked it in the tank with a squirt of white vinegar to the mouth, then removed the remains. It seems to have worked SO FAR, no new ones seen.

Thanks for the recommendation to remove them everyone. It's too bad since they really didn't look so bad- mine were dark green with little to no stalk FIY.