• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone take pics of things OTHER than their tanks? :)

I use my camera for everything :)
those are some nice pictures
here are some i took in the fall.
10-23-06-11.jpg

10-23-06-10.jpg

10-23-06-1.jpg

10-23-06-3.jpg

C

concept3

I did my sister's wedding in November:

Mr and Mrs Nubla

smile.jpg

marysoloshotbw.jpg

Nice shots. I wish the weddings I did were in November! Ever try to keep a wedding party full of cranky women focused and "photo ready" in August heat? AAAAAAHHHHH! I was ready to hang myself when I was done. The last one I did I did as a favor and it was more of a photo journalistic thing. I followed them around for 2 days.

I was ready for a vacation after that one!

I was going to post pics of the storm as well, the ice was crazy up here. Power was out for a while, lost of trees down, which my neighbor found out the hard way....

Macro_Lens0024.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Keith, I tried fixing that URL for ya, but couldn't.

The trees were BEAUTIFUL this morning on my way out to drop off the kids. Completely crusted with glistening ice. I wish I had my camera with me (and some extra time). It was just stunning. I know it caused a lot of damage and power outages, but I just couldn't help but be awestruck by the beauty of it.

I though it would be a good time to arrange some of my pics in photo bucket, forgot moving them would kill the link...

So this is the pic form above...

2007_0214Macro_Lens0024.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OUCH! Oh man. That's awful. But look how pretty the branches of that tree are...

In a way it is a funny story.

The tree came down in the middle of the night, the girl who owns the car lives above us, and you could clearly here it come down, it scared the crap out of us, to say the least. But the damage wasn't that bad to her car. However she waited for the storm to get worse and worse then she went out and tried to move her car. At which point the ice was well over an inch thick and the pine branches had become one with her car. Not to mention the branch that went through her rear window where more then frozen to the interior of her car.

The lesson she has learned, in the middle of a major ice storm do not wait to move you car if a pine tree partially falls on it, move it immediatley so the ice does not get worse...

I caught this guy crossing the street the other day 2 blocks from my home :eek: I've seen rabbits and foxes on the island in the past but never a raccoon, probably looking for a tasty treat before the storm.
of=50,590,442

Well, I don't want to come across here as a weirdo, but I do happen to have one plant that was given to me near death. I brought it back to life and it now provides me with something special once a year during Christmas. I could have it bloom more often, but I prefer to let her do what she does best one at a time.

P1010035.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010019.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I am using what I think is a GREAT macro Camera and that would be the Olympus Stylus 800:

http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review3057.html

The Macro Capabilities are what I bought it for. I could not ask for anything better at the price I got this one. $217.00 USD

Yeah it's a flower, but damnit... it's a pretty one :) lol

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My daughter gave us one last year for Christmas. It started blooming at Christmas this year and is STILL in bloom. I'm amazed at how long it is flowering.

These are a couple of my favs...

Winning Goal...

img_0662.JPG

I'll get it...

img_0841.JPG

Something's not write...

img_0983.jpg

What's this?

img_1398.jpg

To the moon...

img_1496.jpg

Marcelo -

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I can't take credit for these. Doug took them last week. He was on a missions trip in Paraguay and they took a day off and went to Brazil to see Iguazu Falls.

normal_Paraguay%20441a.JPG

normal_Paraguay%20424a.JPG

This one was in Paraguay.
normal_Paraguay%20552a.JPG