• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone try Motorizing a lift for their lighting?

Came across these motors for shades and blinds on windows but they're capable of lifting 35lbs. The larger one up to 105lbs. I think the AI Sols are 4.5-5lbs a piece... Maybe a couple of these guys would make a sweet motorized light fixture... who wants to try... and then let me know how it works out.. haha. jk. I talked to an electrician friend and he said he could make it work when i'm ready for it. BUT in the meantime feel free to try.

http://www.automatedshadeinc.com/co...22&subsectionID=357465&subsubsectionID=524195

That is very interesting! I am going to be making a custom mount for my AI's so I can adjust them in height. This can be something that I add on later! Very Cool.

WOW! i'm jealous .. that guys build is amazing! The ONLY thing I would change would be installing plugs on the ceiling cause that wire would drive me nuts. I didn't go past the page with the video so maybe he did. idk. Thanks for posting that.

interesting tank tale from that guy in HK- i recall reading it last year but forgot to follow-up. It's interesting how on one side he has two vortechs and the otherside are two tunze 6105s.