• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone up for wrasses? let's see more!

C

concept3

One of 3 wrasses I got yesterday.  The other two are too fast or are hiding in the rocks.  Oh well...

They are a pain in the butt to photograph!

new-wrasse.jpg

My Original six line wrasse, almost 3 years old!

wrassebloated.jpg

Merv, thought I posted this yesterday, I guess someones system crashed.
Anyway, 3 wrasses in one day? Risky but cool:) Let me know how it works out. Be careful, I'm sure you know how they can jump, my Solar Wrasse jumped twice in the first month, both time lucky enough to land in the overflow. I made him stay there for two days the 2nd time, a real pain to get out. Better than landing on the floor though.

Here he is.

WrasseDec2.jpg

C

concept3

Hef said:
Merv, thought I posted this yesterday, I guess someones system crashed.
Anyway, 3 wrasses in one day? Risky but cool:) Let me know how it works out.
WrasseDec2.jpg

I introduced all 3 so there wouldn't be any squabbles. Well, as you would imagine, ONE of the three ended up being the bully! He won't let the solar wrasse out. It looks just like yours. Very, very, beautiful fish, yours I mean.

They haven't shown any signs of jumping, but they SURE like to swim around in and out of the structures FAST!

I'll keep you guys posted on how they're doing. They seem to have also created territories they like to patrol often.

Merv,

Very beautiful, what type of wrasse is that in the first picture?

Are Wrasses reef safe? I see some corals in the background of the other shots, so it's not in a FOWLR.

Like them!

Sarah

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
This thing has got to be one of the coolest fish I've seen. just the way it moves its eyes is amazing.

C

concept3

Here's a better pic of the fairy wrasse

wrasse-1.jpg

I finally caught my Solar wrasse in Open water!

solar1.jpg

solar-2.jpg

I just picked up a Rhomboid Wrasse yesterday, eating like a pig and has amazing colour. I'll snap a few pics tomorrow while I am doing some work on my tank.

I love wrasses. I originaly had a very nice lunar wrasse that I bought for my 55gal until I found out how big it got and gave him up to a bigger home where he would be happier. (One of my newbie mistakes, buying a fish without reading up on it first). Hated to see it go, but I couldn't keep it knowing it would outgrow the tank.

I currently have six line that's very cool. Swims in and out of the rocks all day long. He's been bullying my purple firefish a little, though, but I got it under control now. I point my finger at the wrasse and he darts into the rocks giving the firefish time to come out and eat. It's actually pretty funny. Kind of like I'm scolding one of my children, lol.

Merv are you going to be keeping all the wrasses in one tank? Please let me know how it turns out if you do. I'd love to add another wrasse once my new setup is ready.

C

concept3

i got the solar and the other one. the 6 line was banned to the sump for being a bully. i just got a red whip fin and another exquisite (exq still in QT), and they don't seem to be bothering each other.

I just added a very cool looking leopard wrasse to my main tank. It's supposed to be a very hard fish to keep so will see how I do with him.

leopard_a_2_27_03_webthumb.jpg

(Not a picture of my fish but it looks the same)
Carlo

It's definately different looking and so far has been a model reef fish. It's about the same size as a typical coral beauty you would see in a store. I kind of like it because it's an unusual wrasse that not many people see.

Carlo