• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone using well water..any problems?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone, especially from Northern Jersey is using well water and what effects, if any, they have?

Considering moving to an area that only runs off well water and trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks in advance

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Well water is fine after the rodi, only thing You will have to do if you have CO2 in your well water like I do is you have to pump it through the RO into a bucket bubble it for 24 hours and then run it to the DI chamber otherwise the CO2 from the well water will eat your DI resin in one or two batches it’s just an added step it can be a pain but you’ll know right away if you have CO2 in the water if your DI gets exhausted in one or two batches

Well water is fine after the rodi, only thing You will have to do if you have CO2 in your well water like I do is you have to pump it through the RO into a bucket bubble it for 24 hours and then run it to the DI chamber otherwise the CO2 from the well water will eat your DI resin in one or two batches it’s just an added step it can be a pain but you’ll know right away if you have CO2 in the water if your DI gets exhausted in one or two batches
Rob what pump are you using to pump the water through the DI resin canister?
I'm in the same boat and need to start doing what you're doing.
Thanks bud.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Rob what pump are you using to pump the water through the DI resin canister?
I'm in the same boat and need to start doing what you're doing.
Thanks bud.
I’m using a booster pump the same booster pump that’s on my well line For the RO partI just switch it off with valves

I’m using a booster pump the same booster pump that’s on my well line For the RO partI just switch it off with valves
What about the water pressure to the pump?
Can the pump suck the water from the container?
It looks like you need to send me some pics buddy, lol.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
What about the water pressure to the pump?
Can the pump suck the water from the container?
It looks like you need to send me some pics buddy, lol.
Yes it will prime itself. I have a 1/4” line to toe bottom of my first tote and it has no problem priming itself.
I’ll try and take a couple pictures tomorrow

Ok, put this together last night to be use to degas my RO water and them pump the water to the DI resin canister.
Haven't had the time to test it yet but I will report the results.

Attachments

• 20210301_181008.jpg
    20210301_181008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4