• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone with ACjr and Ka Reactor from Group buy please read.

Not sure how many of you set yours up yet but I just got done.

A couple of quick notes if you've followed my time program.

Make sure you enter these variables as well:

If time > 0:00 Then ATO OFF (this is because of the stupid 24 hour clock. From Midnight to 2:30am The controller thinks the pump should run.)

If time > 0:00 Then KAL OFF (same reason)

When Ph > 8.5 Then ATO OFF (From Francis aka sinkingbeach) This is so your reactor doesn't over load your Ph and you don't get certain spikes in your tank.

Mixerpump = KAL
Feed pump = ATO
AquaControler Program
8:00 am Mixer pump ON If Time > 8:00 then KAL ON
8:10 am Mixer pump OFF If Time > 8:10 then KAL OFF
9:30 am Feed pump ON If Time > 9:30 then ATO ON
10:00 am Feed pump OFF If Time > 10:00 then ATO OFF

1:00 pm Mixer pump ON If Time > 13:00 then KAL ON
1:10 pm Mixer pump OFF If Time > 13:10 then KAL OFF
2:30 pm Feed pump ON If Time > 14:30 then ATO ON
3:00 pm Feed pump OFF If Time > 15:00 then ATO OFF

8:00 pm Mixer pump ON If Time > 20:00 then KAL ON
8:10 pm Mixer pump OFF If Time > 20:10 then KAL OFF
9:30 pm Feed pump ON If Time > 21:30 then ATO ON
10:00 pm Feed pump OFF If Time > 22:00 then ATO OFF

1:00 am Mixer pump ON If Time > 1:00 then KAL ON
1:10 am Mixer pump OFF If Time > 1:10 then KAL OFF
2:30 am Feed pump ON If Time > 2:30 then ATO ON
3:00 am Feed pump OFF If time > 3:00 then ATO OFF

If time > 0:00 then KAL OFF
If time > 0:00 then ATO OFF
If Ph > 8.5 then ATO OFF

This program is for an evap of about 10-12 gallons a week. Change the times according to your evaporation. If you evap more then your Feed pump will be on longer than 30min. If you evap less than that then you should have it shorter than 30 min.

Hope this is helping people and not confusing them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just wanted to add that without this diagram that John made then I would have never ever figured this set up out. So thank you John!!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kalk%20Set%20Up.jpg

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Mike. Been waiting for someone to write their program before I set mine up.
Do I skip a line like you did, or does it matter? Do I just add this program after the program I have already?
Thanks John.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeNapoli said:
If time > 0:00 then KAL OFF
If time > 0:00 then ATO OFF

Without going into lots of details of how "stacks" work in computer programming and the logic of the Neptune controllers, move the above to lines to the top of your program to set the default state of the KAL and ATO.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeNapoli said:
If Ph > 8.5 then ATO OFF

If Ph > 8.5 then ATO OFF
Max Change 010 M Then ATO OFF

Adding a MAX change above takes care of a condition where the PH is bouncing back and forth between 8.5 and 8.4 and not cycling the pump on and off. The line above says if the PH > 8.5 line turns off the pump leave it off for at least 10 minutes.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Should I skip lines or does it matter? And do I paste it after my existing program?

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeM said:
Should I skip lines or does it matter? And do I paste it after my existing program?

Blank lines don't matter, the controller will skip them. You can just copy/paste assuming you have named your timers the same names.

I need to buy an ACIII so I can hook up to the PC... my jr doesn't have the serial connection.

Thanks Francis, Mike, and Phil.... 4 heads are better than one.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeNapoli said:
I need to buy an ACIII so I can hook up to the PC... my jr doesn't have the serial connection.

I have a spare AC jr with serial port if you would like to borrow it for awhile.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When I add timer names ATO and KAL, do I have to add any of these signs %,#? My other names have them.

Thanks Phil. I'm not in a rush though. I'm definitely gonna upgrade to an ACIII cause I want the 2 PhProbes and then i'll put my acjr on my frag tank. I appreciate the offer though.

MikeM said:
When I add timer names ATO and KAL, do I have to add any of these signs %,#? My other names have them.

Mike I add the BOX symbol for the ATO and the WAVE symbol for the KAL. But I don't think it matters.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeM said:

The % # are for the symbols that show up in the display. Each timer name should have 1, its personal preference which ones. They are:

% - Arrows, up for on, down for off
# - looks like a little pump/wave symbol
$ - is a light symbol
& - square box (big for on, small for off)

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If Time > 0:00 Then KAL OFF
If Time > 0:00 Then ATO OFF
If Time > 8:00 Then KAL ON
If Time > 8:10 Then KAL OFF
If Time > 9:30 Then ATO ON
If Time > 10:00 Then ATO OFF
If Time > 13:00 Then KAL ON
If Time > 13:10 Then KAL OFF
If Time > 14:30 Then ATO ON
If Time > 15:00 Then ATO OFF
If Time > 20:00 Then KAL ON
If Time > 20:10 Then KAL OFF
If Time > 21:30 Then ATO ON
If Time > 22:00 Then ATO OFF
If Time > 1:00 Then KAL ON
If Time > 1:10 Then KAL OFF
If Time > 2:30 Then ATO ON
If Time > 3:00 Then ATO OFF
If pH > 8.50 Then ATO OFF
Max Change 010 M Then ATO OFF

I cleaned it up a little so it can be pasted. I had to change every line trying to update it, so I figured I'd make it a little eaiser for the next person to use it.