• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Apex Down ugh

My luck! JCPL changes my meter this morning and ever since they cut the power this morning to do the work my Apex will not work. Not sure if it was coincidence, but was on phone with Neptune support and apparently my Apex El is kaput! Now I have to purchase a new base unit from Neptune. They are giving me a discount, but not something I planned on buying this soon. I have everything hooked up to a power strip until the new unit comes. I swear it’s the greatest thing when it works but when it doesn’t I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out how to keep the tank going and not forgetting anything vital that y Apex has been monitoring

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
That sucks. Guess the power surge fried the unit. When they came to change mine I turned off my computer but forgot about tank.

Wow! Not sure what happened, but it is working again. Just got the alert that it reconnected! I’m glad that I didn’t pay for the new one yet. I was able to cancel the order for the new one.

Salted

NJRC Member
Since they were giving you a discount might it be worth it to buy it? Then you have a spare on hand if its really that critical to you system.

Def a plan, but I’m sure in the future if it does die I will have that option as well. I was able to utilize smart plugs to get me through for the time it was out. I have a closet full of stuff for just in case. Hate for that to sit and become outdated after all it is technology and we know how fast that evolves.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have simple setups so I have switched to smart plugs for almost all my stuff. I especially like the quality of the Kasa brand. I have yet to find a reasonable waterproof temperature sensor that can be controlled remotely.

john90009

NJRC Member
The apex units are very buggy, I have gone through about 4 units so far sending them back and getting factory refurbished ones. The chips that they use for wifi are really really cheap so any tiny bit of anything abnormal screws the thing up. Some people get solid ones and other people get duds that last a few months.