• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Apex help

So I bit the bullet and bought an Apex JR along with the Trident.

I'm having trouble setting up the apex. I connect it to the wifi and then I get this error message. Any help is highly appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122_142959_APEXFusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122_142959_APEXFusion.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 9
Are you using WiFi or hard wired ? If WiFi could be a weak signal. I ended up wiring my with an Ethernet cable. Never had an issue after that.
Found this not sure if this will help

eli smoke

NJRC Member
Did you try going directly to the apex in a browser? http://apex admin and 1234
The only other thing I can think of is it might not connect to a combined network. (2.4 and 5). Might need to connect to 2.4 only. Trying to find an answer to it.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Honestly if you can. Connect it via Ethernet and the switch to Wi-Fi. That way you eliminate a key variable of errors

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
That’s a major pain.
What step on you on right now. Let’s see if we can help

eli smoke

NJRC Member
Apex tech support is pretty helpful. Everything I could find says 2.4 network. You might have to separate your networks.

Ok so I figured out the wifi connection issue and was able to connect the apex. I set up my Trident but I don't know if it's working right. By the Trident name, "volts" shows up in red a long with "idle". Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123_074300_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_074300_Gallery.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 4

eli smoke

NJRC Member
Ok so I figured out the wifi connection issue and was able to connect the apex. I set up my Trident but I don't know if it's working right. By the Trident name, "volts" shows up in red a long with "idle". Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
Found this.

Attachments

• 78286B58-E288-4A7E-83AD-D447A412EBEA.png
    78286B58-E288-4A7E-83AD-D447A412EBEA.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 3
So the apex itself is making a high pitched buzzing sound now and idk what to do. I tried to unplug it but the light stays on and the buzzing continues. Idk how to fix it