• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Apex Neptune Trident bundle kit

I’m looking at buying a used apex trident bundle kit that includes the following:

Trident, apex el controller, apex energy bar, apex auto top off with fluid monitoring system, an unknown doser (not apex) and six months of regent for the trident.

The seller wants $950 for the bundle. Is this a good deal? I’m not familiar with any of this equipment. Is it reputable enough to buy it used? Do they break down often? Any advice or feedback is much appreciated

I have an apex and an El. I also have a trident sitting collecting dust. I have seen the trident go for around 400 recently and the El should be around 350ish. I guess if you include the rest it may be worth while but still slightly high if you ask me. With the new version that just came out the fmm module is built into the apex.

What’s the trident like? Are the readings as accurate as they say they are? I’m tired of my Hannah and would love to check them daily on a app.

Mwil79, this is mark correct? I think I bought your yellow hammer and peach frogspawn a couple weeks ago. Correct????

Yup that's me :) I haven't even setup the trident honestly I got it from a friend but he said it was very accurate. From what I have read when you change reagents make sure you calibrate it to keep it accurate.

There is also a site that makes generic reagents that are much cheaper to save money.

Reactions: Jon
I hope this makes sense…. This equipment is new to me… But, Can you run the trident primarily as a water parameter checker and than get a reputable doser to maintain proper levels. I’m trying to make the daily maintenance a little less…. No more dosing and no more Hannah checker.

You need either an Apex or an Apex EL to run the Trident. Both of those run off the Energy Bar. The Energy Bar isn't a replacement for them though.

The deal you listed is decent and fair. Apex EL with EB832 (energy bar) is on sale at BRS right now for $476 with regular price $560. They used to go for about $400 used, but maybe people sell them a little cheaper now with the new version coming out. Tridents go for $640 new - maybe you can get it for $400 used.

Even if you count those at $750, the 6 month Trident reagent is generally around $100. Can't get reagents used, so that's the going rate.

So that leaves you at $100 for the Apex ATO and an unknown doser. That Apex ATK is $225 for the V2. Even used V1s generally run $125-150.

Basically, a fair asking price for each of those components used would price out at least $50-100 higher for the package, so it's a fine price if you actually need all those things.

Trident is good for checking water parameters. You can use a separate (non-Apex doser) if you'd like, or you can use the Apex doser (DOS) if you want to do Trident-controlled dosing.

Reactions: Jon