• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Apex new sensors

I like the idea of the enhanced water sensor. The current ones have been anecdotally deemed unreliable (i have had zero issues with them). Still dont see myself getting away from the current sensors as you still need a back up to the back up.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I like the idea of the enhanced water sensor. The current ones have been anecdotally deemed unreliable (i have had zero issues with them). Still dont see myself getting away from the current sensors as you still need a back up to the back up.
I agree 100%. I am using the leak detectors and they are one time use.
once they get wet you have to buy another at $30 a pop

radiata

NJRC Member
I may have missed this. Did anyone catch which Apex controller these new detectors need to function? Do I have to upgrade to the latest controller model to use them?

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I may have missed this. Did anyone catch which Apex controller these new detectors need to function? Do I have to upgrade to the latest controller model to use them?
I could be wrong but they work with the fmm.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
You just need an fmm module.
O
IThe leak sensor overhaul is late imo.

I just got two new sensors as mine broke and Neptune offered a discount... I'm almost hoping they're sending the new ones lol

The optical eye definitely needed some work as well so I hope it's better. Sucks that I have to replace my current ones eventually

The water level sensor is a disaster waiting to happen. Salt creep building up in that chamber and boom you have your atk filling up sump right over top. Just another backup required to ensure it doesn't

radiata

NJRC Member
I could be wrong but they work with the fmm.

Thanks for the input...

I currently have two FMMs in use. I guess my real question is "Does my older 'Apex Lite' have enough memory in it to utilize these new sensors?"

I can't run either the Trident testing hardware or the EB32 outlets on my Apex Lite. The latest Apex controller is needed as it has sufficient memory to run both. When the Trident came out, I came close to upgrading my controller, but passed because I would have endured way too much pain converting all my modules from the older controller to the newer one.

Now that BRS and Neptune have the same parent company, I have to wonder if BRS got to look at the new sensors first. And, I have to wonder how much time it will take for Neptune to actually release them.

radiata

NJRC Member
You just need an fmm module.
O
IThe leak sensor overhaul is late imo.

I just got two new sensors as mine broke and Neptune offered a discount... I'm almost hoping they're sending the new ones lol

The optical eye definitely needed some work as well so I hope it's better. Sucks that I have to replace my current ones eventually

The water level sensor is a disaster waiting to happen. Salt creep building up in that chamber and boom you have your atk filling up sump right over top. Just another backup required to ensure it doesn't

I've been happy with my Apex Optical water level sensors (V1s and maybe one or more V2s (for all I know)). I think redundancy and/or reality double-checking is essential when using them. For example, I have a 55-gallon drum which I use to collect and store my RODI water. I have four sensors on the drum, each at a different level. The second highest sensor turns on the generation of RODI water. The next lower sensor (3rd) turns off the generation of RODI water. In a perfect world, these two sensors would be all you need. But the highest level (1st) sensor triggers an alarm if it is reached as this indicates the 2nd level sensor has failed. The lowest level (4th) sensor also triggers an alarm if it is hit, as it indicates the 3rd level sensor has failed. Also, I need to mention that at the bottom of the 55G drum are pumps that feed several ATOs on several different systems.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
weird coz I've had my leak sensors get wet a few times already and they are still working. I even wet them when I test them. I do want that sensor for the ato water level though. I'd love to be alerted if my ato water is low. beats checking daily

eli smoke

NJRC Member
I bought the 15” LLS for my awc container and an optical sensors to try it, liking both. I am going to buy more optical sensors to replace my old sensors for my rodi/ato bin and also another LLS for that bin and a smaller one for my sump.

radiata

NJRC Member
I bought the 15” LLS for my awc container and an optical sensors to try it, liking both. I am going to buy more optical sensors to replace my old sensors for my rodi/ato bin and also another LLS for that bin and a smaller one for my sump.

What kind of a readout shows up on Fusion for the LLS?

eli smoke

NJRC Member
This is on the fusion home page. Limited to 6 characters. B55BCF4C-E247-4E1C-9D5C-C925FA046297.png

Attachments

• 1AB89D46-8E54-4EA4-8175-B7A2F073BC6B.png
    1AB89D46-8E54-4EA4-8175-B7A2F073BC6B.png
    500.8 KB · Views: 8

eli smoke

NJRC Member
One of the graph. Pretty standard apex graph.

Attachments

• F5704327-1D5E-4108-BDA2-37D685AA7789.png
    F5704327-1D5E-4108-BDA2-37D685AA7789.png
    527.8 KB · Views: 5