• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Apex update

john90009

NJRC Member
Just an fyi for the love of god, don’t update your apexes. I did and the most current one was to fix an issue where the probe data wasn’t getting graphed ….. well mine was fine and I did that update and now it doesn’t graph anything and doesn’t seem to same my outlet controls for my heater. Ticket sent in.

Attachments

• 00BF2361-743E-4428-B408-1B39F22D9881.png
    00BF2361-743E-4428-B408-1B39F22D9881.png
    466.5 KB · Views: 8
I started the update and just as it was about to complete it shut down and started doing all kinds of crazy things. Had no signal which I couldn’t understand since it’s hardwired. I unplugged to reboot and all good now. I REFUSE to do this update. This is the update that people are having issues with 5.10 8F22

Sorry to hear that. Happy I decided I wasn't in a rush to do this one before my vacation. One of my Cor pumps never would turn off/on from Apex even though it was completely controllable otherwise until the last update when it finally started behaving and responding to feed cycles and toggle changes, etc.. After finally getting that working I decided I wasn't going to risk another update. Happy I didn't. Good luck getting things sorted.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
My Trident has stopped working since the update - I am working with Neptune (the company, not the planet) to resolve the issue. Will keep everyone posted.

john90009

NJRC Member
It was the 5.10 8f22 one. So I was told by some people don’t ever do an update until it forces you to. But that flag kept annoying me. It’s crazy I have the a2 apex or whatever that they say shouldn’t have been affected. Now mind loosing connection to wifi all the time now. I am glad there are others with this issue to. When I originally did do the update a hour or so after my inkbird turned off and the outlet preference changed and since then it’s been issues left and right.

john90009

NJRC Member
Why do I feel like those that end up accidentally updating are actually the Guinea pigs. Should have listened to those that said they never do it. Hopefully they can just flash it with the prior firmware.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
didn't even realize that there was an update. I'll hold off. thanks for the info. hope they fix it asap

New to Apex. Got the new version a couple weeks ago. Just checked and running 5.10 8F22. Updated when I first got it (about 2 weeks ago). Haven't updated since (unless it auto updates). Not using it for too much beyond the basics. (Temp, PH and controlling 2 heaters and a fan). Seems to be running ok correctly for me with no issues though

john90009

NJRC Member
I hope it stays that way. I did the update prior and I didn’t have any issues so I figured let me do this one. Stuff seemed fine for a day and then I realized it a day later.

eli smoke

NJRC Member
I’ve been beta testing firmware for Neptune for a couple of years now, I would make sure all your modules are up to date on their individual firmwares. I’m pretty sure Neptune tech support can help you go backwards on the firmware.

john90009

NJRC Member
What do you mean to make sure all my modules are up to date? On my fusion dash it just showed one update, which that one I did. I have a trident but that didn’t say it needed an update. I granted them access to my unit and they looked into it that night I guess and they said it’s a hardware issue and to send it in. Do you think if they had control of it they could have flashed the firmware to the prior one and they try that?

eli smoke

NJRC Member
I’m sure they looked at all the firmwares and everything else. If they said it’s defective, they know what they are talking about. Much more so than I. I was excited when I got a light to turn on when I opened my cabinet door.

john90009

NJRC Member
Replacement apex was shipped out and I received it yesterday. For those of you that have a trident, if this ever happens to where your brain goes dead but the power bar where your tridents plugged into, don’t remove the trident plug at all from the energy bar. Once you install your new apex and it senses your energy bar it transfers your tridents data to the new apex. It shows the reagent volume and the waste volume so you don’t have to worry about reprinting or restarting new reagents.