• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AquaControllers for Dummies

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It comes with the serial cable (as long as you get that version of ACjr) if you need a longer cable I think you have to make it...

I'm pretty sure you can't hook up with Cat5 with the jr. atleast.

arvin said:
I see that the thread is revived just in time.

What else do I need to connect AC Jr to a PC besides Ground Isolated Serial Connector? Can i get a serial cable from compusa or something?

Bill - you mentioned couple of posts ago, it comes with ethernet & webserver. I thought only the higher models have that. Can I connect the AC Jr to pc using a Cat 5e cable?

Only the higher models come with ethernet, but some folks connect the junior to a laptop and run the webserver on the laptop. I think they have a funky pinout on their serial cable, check out Neptune's website. I ordered a cable last PA buy for $15, but its only about 3 ft.

BTW Jason at PA says the JR's should be back in stock by the time we order so you won't have to wait long. ;)