• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquamedic dosing pump

I set mine up to top off my tank
anyone here have one and know how long the tubing can be from the pump to the resivoir it is pulling from. It seems like mine is having trouble pulling the water up to the pump.Once it gets through the pump it has no problem making it the rest of the way

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think your pump needs to be close to the reservoir so you have a short pickup hose and a longer output. It easier for the pump to push the water then pull it.

Bob

magic said:
I think your pump needs to be close to the reservoir so you have a short pickup hose and a longer output. It easier for the pump to push the water then pull it.

Bob
This is True for any pumping application. Drafting is hard on most pumps unless it is what they were designed for

Are you using the check valves that came with it? Mine worked better when I put one before and one after the pump. And closer to the reservoir is best

^ Would work without moving your pump from its current location. Didn't think of this. Well Pumps are setup the same way with a foot valve so the line never drains Great idea mott!

i'll give it a try
I had an aqualifter feeding it today.
That waas a mistake the pump stopped in an open position and the aqualifter sent water the whole time to my sumo
Good thing the sump is oversized. Just to much water in there now. I'lll let it evaporate then try your idea

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Siphon... We have a solonoid in line with ours to prevent siphoning in either direction (it would back siphon if the level of the holding vessel was more than the sump or over-feed if the source water was higher). The solonoid is critical to prevent failure.