• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquarium safe silicone

The brand we sell states that it is safe for aquariums. I can bring you some to the meeting if you want some. I think they are around $6 a tube.

I believe the one you want is Ge silicone I clear.

cb5c99e9-5528-4384-9523-d50632a3a5f8_400.jpg

If I am wrong then someone please correct me.

D

Deleted member 10862

ace..i got it in home depot too..they got them at the one by newark..

ynotme4886 said:
I believe the one you want is Ge silicone I clear.

cb5c99e9-5528-4384-9523-d50632a3a5f8_400.jpg

If I am wrong then someone please correct me.
So I used this silicone 2 weeks ago for the job but still releases the fresh silicone odder is this bad?

are you saying you used silicone 2 or that you used the silicone 2 weeks ago? Silicone 2 might leach chemicals into the water. The silicone I sell/used stopped smelling after 24-48 hours.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You do not want to use Silicone II. It's not the smell that is bad...using the right silicone will smell for a while but is still safe for your aquarium. What is bad in Silicone II, and almost all other "construction" silicones, are the antifungal and/or antimicrobial agents that are added. Don't use them. Either use a silicone sold expressly for aquarium use or Silicone I.

I used the (Silicone I) in the above picture 2 weeks ago and still has a smell is what I mean. So the odder wont effect the aquarium at all?

Id like to inform every 1 that its been almost 2 months that I used Ge silicone I and has worked great and all my corals/fishes are well and healthy I recommend it