• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquarium swap meet

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If it were outdoors I'd be ok with it. But I think it's too soon for an indoor swap event.

Edit:
Is that society A Pa Reef Club? I've never heard of them before

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a video on this, not much going at the event. Looked more like a garage sale than anything

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Going to PA to buy corals doesn’t make sense. We have better access to corals here in NJ.

People from PA come to nj LFS to buy corals. The coral farmers market in Connecticut is worth the 3hr drive.

I will pass on this

Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have to say that’s an event that we can do. We can have a a frag swap outdoor in a park parking lot.

No charge for a table and you can trade frag or sell frags.
This is a great idea for a meeting.
We can have it outdoors so no one is worried about covid

Maybe some BBQ

Last edited:
I have to say that’s an event that we can do. We can have a a frag swap outdoor in a park parking lot.

Maybe some BBQ
I like this idea. Meet up in a park parking lot and people can trade frags, livestock, equipment, etc.

radiata

NJRC Member

Maybe some BBQ

I really like the idea! But, November might be a little chilly for frags ~ we'd have to provide electricity for people to heat their frag tanks with. Maybe we have a member who could us lend us a generator for such an event? (Or, maybe Global Warming could accelerate and see us through...)

Now through Spring an NJRC Used Equipment Sell/Swap might be more feasible. Personally, I could easily fill a table or two with such stuff. (I'll even bring my own tables.) Might the ACC have a large enough parking lot to accommodate us? Anyone have any other potential venues? My LFS (Sea Level) has a large lot out back, but I don't know if they can speak for their landlord. A public park parking lot might be more reasonable target.

Above all, let's all keep the ideas flowing!

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I really like the idea! But, November might be a little chilly for frags ~ we'd have to provide electricity for people to heat their frag tanks with. Maybe we have a member who could us lend us a generator for such an event? (Or, maybe Global Warming could accelerate and see us through...)

Now through Spring an NJRC Used Equipment Sell/Swap might be more feasible. Personally, I could easily fill a table or two with such stuff. (I'll even bring my own tables.) Might the ACC have a large enough parking lot to accommodate us? Anyone have any other potential venues? My LFS (Sea Level) has a large lot out back, but I don't know if they can speak for their landlord. A public park parking lot might be more reasonable target.

Above all, let's all keep the ideas flowing!

All you need is a $20 inverter and you can heat your tank since we are in our cars.
This works we don’t have to have it this year. 2020 is a wash. But spring will come and we can definitely do this !!

We can do it at a park that has a lot of parking.

I’d love to host an outdoor aquarium swap meet type thing(everything on my table will be free) plus be great to see members in our community that I haven’t met,, I’ve got more than enough room to host that along with fire pit food drinks music. More I think about it the more I like the idea. Mmmm maybe I’ll make an unofficial post to see if there’s interest

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I’d love to host an outdoor aquarium swap meet type thing(everything on my table will be free) plus be great to see members in our community that I haven’t met,, I’ve got more than enough room to host that along with fire pit food drinks music. More I think about it the more I like the idea. Mmmm maybe I’ll make an unofficial post to see if there’s interest
I have a yard for it also. I would love to host something once a year. BBQ, fire pit, and an outdoor bar.