• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquascaping questions...

Well the 265 is in the wall and plumbing is done. Now I need to figure out a way to aquascape this thing. I was thinking about using eggcrate and spray foam to build a framework for the rock. I can hide the framework with rubble glued into the foam.

Has anyone tried this method. I am curious to see any tanks that have built a frame for the rock.

Andy

Andy- is this what you mean?
I have this frame work in my tank now, decided not to use spray foam since some people have said that in time, it acts like a sponge and eventually degrades under the intense UV lights that our reef tanks gets blasted by. The framework is built out of PVC and Zipties are used to hold the rocks together in place. Putty is simply applied to gaps that need more rigidity.

rock.jpg

rocktubing4.jpg

rock-tubing1.jpg

actually, i just drew something up on paper- i saw this in another forum somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I drew out the basic premise as "interchangeable live rock tiers" so you can move corals around as needed when they get too big, or you just want to change the look of the tank without destroying the whole structure. It requires the use of a large PVC pipe and some smaller ones which Liverock is attached to.

give me a sec-

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't forget, Marco will have a bunch of rock at the swap as well.