• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquatic Experience - Preview Video (walk through)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
NJ12 was advertising it also today.

I want to go but will buy things and my tank is in a downward spiral right now.
What to do???

Reactions: Kai

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Not going, something else came up.

Kai, Sunday would be best as vendors don't want to bring a bunch of livestock back.

I was there today because I won tickets at Reefapaloosa. There is mainly freshwater vendors but the few coral vendors had stuff. The freshwater shrimp were interesting and I got 2 hanna checkers cheap. Reefapaloosa set the bar high for me so I was slightly not as impressed. Maybe it will ramp up? I may go back Sunday to the lighting presentation by Sonja at 1030.

I was there today because I won tickets at Reefapaloosa. There is mainly freshwater vendors but the few coral vendors had stuff. The freshwater shrimp were interesting and I got 2 hanna checkers cheap. Reefapaloosa set the bar high for me so I was slightly not as impressed. Maybe it will ramp up? I may go back Sunday to the lighting presentation by Sonja at 1030.
Did you get them from Hanna are they below the 50$ retail or something?

Not going, something else came up.

Kai, Sunday would be best as vendors don't want to bring a bunch of livestock back.
I'd love to be able to go Sunday unfortunately my convention partner's got other plans, maybe I'll just skip this time.

98 bucks for the alk, ultra low phos and extra reagent. cheapest Ive seen and rep was extremely helpful.
Darn should've thought to ask. Oh well. I wasn't in the market anyway.

I went today, it was neat. A bit (lot) disappointed in the shark thing, three nurse sharks in a fairly small tank and then a person dives in there with them to touch them how many times a day... then they are transported again to go where and do what exactly? I don't know the details, this is just my observations so if anybody knows more to help me feel a bit better for those poor creatures let me know.

There were a few stands with corals, lots of expensive stuff, I saw a $750 bounce coral... but there was a stand or two that had a handful of $10 frags. I'd say the average was 25-60. But I got a cool selection and at least knew better not to pay $20 for a frag of pulsing xenia. I got some new zoas, a mushroom, ricordea, a rock nem, and an encrusting coral. One of the frags even had a brittle star on it so I was super excited, and the peroxide dip on the zoas revealed a number of not so pleasant tag alongs.

I can understand an appeal in freshwater now after looking at the nano aqua sculpting competition, those were pretty cool. Though try as I might I just do not understand the shrimp contest...

Reactions: DEL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I went today with wife and godson. my wife who has been to a few frag swaps and RAP with me said "they dont have a lot of stuff". I'd say about 5 coral vendors, a ton of shrimp and freshwater fish vendors. not too much reef equipment. its definitely a show for kids. lots of things for them to do. I think best is to go tomorrow for some really good deals since lots of vendors wont want to bring things baCk with them. looks like i got a lot more left to spend next week at the meeting at Fengs!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk