• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AquaticLife RO system

Does anyone own one of these RO systems? If so, do you like it? Does it produce 0TDS water?? I've heard good things about it from my LFS mainly bc of the price which at my store is $120 but on amazon it's only $85 so that's why I'm considering buying it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If it's RO only, you will not get to zero TDS with this unit. I'd highly suggest THIS refurbished unit from Spectrapure that come with the DI portion. They call it refurbished, but it's all new filters....great deal.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
It's the cartriges that make the difference in a RO/DI unit. You can always replace them in any unit with better cartriges

They give the option for the full 4 stage system with DI which like I said is only $85 on amazon. Sounds like the DI resin that comes with it doesn't last too long but that could just be the quality of people's water. I used to have the BRS RODI 4 stage system and I loved it but then I remembered that it was almost $200. I'm wondering if when the resin from the aquatic life system is depleted if you could use the BRS resin to refill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If this is the unit:
71pLfnlhtAL._SL1500_.jpg

It doesn't take conventional replacement filters. You'll need to purchase replacements specific for Aquaticlife. I can't tell about DI resin....it does look like it might have a screw top on that cartridge. My preference is to purchase a unit that takes conventional replacement filters.