• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquatraders MH lighting?

Planning on setting a 30 breeder SPS frag tank was looking at the 36" 250 watt HQI, 2 96 watt PC hood on aquatraders. Anuone here anything good or bad on these fixtures from Aquatraders?

Thanks
Greg

I haven't checked on them recently, but Aquatraders use to be real BAD news!

I had a lot of problems with them with a T5 strip that I wound up eating the cost on.

I would stay away from them.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Aquatraders is the web front end for ODYSSEA (JEBO). Extrememly low end products. I made the mistake of buying a PC light from them 3 years ago, and it was crap. DOA, it took 3 weeks to get someone to even speak english to get it changed, then it completely died in 6 months, and they refused to honor the warranty saying I mishandled it.

There have been anecdotal storys on RC about fires from their MH units...

I do know someone who has purchased from them just for the hood/bulbs. Then went and put in an Icecap Ballast and tossed the stock one away. Thing works like a dream and ended up saving a few hundred dollars by adding a little DIY to the unit.

yea if i was you, i would go for the halide fixture and then replace it with new ballasts. Its the ballasts the supposedly catch on fire, i know many people that have done this with great results.