• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Are you Master Yoda?

As some of you may know my concentration in the hobby rarely goes away from Clowns and Nems. I might even venture to say it never does. The relationship that they share is a perfect example of evolution. How a clown developed a slime on its body over time so it could use the nem for protection and in exchange feed it and provide protection for the nem. But you guys have slowly been bring me over to the dark side.

Since joining the club close to a year ago I cannot begin to tell you all the good info ive gotten from phyl, bill, brian and countless others. Since then i have starting to be come more engaged in the other aspects of the hobby the corals, the fish, the conservation (one of worries), and general chemistry of the hobby.

Since checking out new equipment for my new tanks i have been stuck on these new powerheards the Nano Stream and the Koralia. What i dont get is that they say they work with controllers.

I have seen post on here about controllers and so forth but never though to read up. So heres my question and im hoping that one you guys can give me the knowledge i need.

Does a controller just control the powerhead and what about the powerhead can it control. Does it control the speed, the one and off times, and the gph? I am looking to get a power head for my 10 gallon which will later go in my 24 Aquapod. Both of the afore mentioned powerheads have crazy 400 - 600 gph ratings way to much in my opionion for Bubble tips or carpet nems. Can a controller make them move slower or reduce the gph and can it control when it goes on and off?

Also I just ask that any answer you are giving keeps with the Star Wars theme of this post and is given impersonating the voice of Yoda or Jar Jar Binks.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mesa thinks that it depends on whicha don controller yousa be usin, depends on what it can controlsa.

Ok, that's as far as I can take the Jar Jar stuff... (he's the reason the Emperor had absolute power after all!)

I have been wondering about the control of the nano streams. I thought that I have read the larger ones can be controlled with a single controller. If that is the case, you can control flow and pulse rate.

I know nothing about the hydor's being controlled though.

Mesa thinks wea need to investigate. What is a single controller?

I am serious considering the small nano stream. I just need to figure out the controller stuff.

Advice from Jar Jar I would take, not!

Uncontrollable is he!

The force cannot be controlled with an aquacontroller, they are only on or off. No speed adjustment have they. Therefore recommended for either powerhead, they are not.

Only with the more expensive nano streams, will the Tunze multi controller, work. When last I checked, available, they were not!

Some who have gone to the dark side, follow not the rules and run both with wavemakers and aquacontrollers. Once they start down this path, forever will the fear of broken powerheads dominate their destiny. Consume their dollars they will.

Only with Seio and Tunze controllers will they find peace, and restore the balance to their flow!

That Post Hilarious it is.

So its safe to assume i cant use a controller on the smallest nano stream to cut the flow rate down from 400 gph.

Ok now someone please explain to me how these pumps work. They are not like powerhead correct. These to pumps dont shoot out like a stream right? Someone please explain to me