• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ASM G1X Protein Skimmer Pump

The pump that came with this skimmer just died (I was told the skimmer is great but the pump is garbage when I bought it). Any recommendations for a new pump?

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
it looks to easily DIY a different pump on there, i would look for a similarly rated DC/ACskimmer pump. i believe that original pump for that is around 300gph to 350gph so find a rated DC/AC skimmer pump in that range. i'd personally look into Sicce pumps or a DC skimmer pump, will be a bit more pricey Coral Box DC skimmer Pump, i'd get the DCA1500 or DC2000, again you would need to find a way to make the new pump fit onto the body but it looks like an easy DIY.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
It must be that time. My ASM skimmer pump is making a grinding noise. Turned it off and will try and clean it Fri. I have an Elos PS1000 skimmer I will use in the meantime.