• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ASM Skimmer Feedback

HerbieK said:
Well Carlo, you pushed me over the edge and I ended up canceling my ASM g4 Plus order and I bought a Bermuda Aquatics BPS-5C today at Something Fishy. Todd and company at SF are the biggest Bermuda Aquatics fanatics out there. I know I won't be regretting this. It is producing as we speak after only a couple of hours being hooked up. The guys at SF gave me 25% off on a MAG 12 to boot).

Thanks for the recommendation.

Herb

Glad I could be of help. What's really nice about these skimmers is they work out of the box with no mods needed. They can be set to skim wet or dry with little problem in adjustments. You will definitely love that skimmer and become a fanatic yourself! You think it's producing now, wait until it's broken in and a little dirty on the inside. :)

Very cool they gave you the discount on the pump. I haven't been to that store in a while. Time to make my rounds.

pistolpete, ask HerbieK for an update on performance after the 1 and 2 weeks marks. He'll have a lot better idea how well it's working after it dirties up a bit and he gets it more finely tuned (pretty easy). Like most skimmers it takes an adjustment here or there in the beginning as the skimmer breaks in.

Carlo

BTW, for anyone running an ASM, I wasn't knocking the skimmers. They work and I've had/have them myself. They do need modding to get some extra performance out of them and I just thought the footprint was to big for this purpose since it may not have fit in his sump well. If you have an ASM I wouldn't go out and get a different skimmer (BA) unless it's time for an upgrade.

Carlo

Carlo
is the technology used in BA skimmers the same as in the Red sea Berlin's? The BA technology is venturi correct? do you think this is more effective than downdraft or Needle wheel?

billyr98 said:
i am running a ASM g6 and it rocks!!!!!!!!!

i ran a g4x with the gatevalve mod, a must!!
and the mesh mod, not a fan!

but the asm are awesome!
Billy
what happened to the g4x? do you still have it? what size tank did you use it on?