• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Asterina Stars

erics210

NJRC Member
Started fighting this battle.
Sucked out 50+ just now. Easier when lights out. If you have a harlequin shrimp. May be nice to have.

Let me know.
Pm me.
DUMONT NJ 07628

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Started fighting this battle.
Sucked out 50+ just now. Easier when lights out. If you have a harlequin shrimp. May be nice to have.

Let me know.
Pm me.
DUMONT NJ 07628
I wonder why they become a problem for some and not others- I've had just a couple in my tanks for years

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wonder why they become a problem for some and not others- I've had just a couple in my tanks for years

I'm just the messenger on this....and this is what I was told years ago:

The white/light tan ones don't eat corals. However, the dark colored ones are the coral eaters.

Up until my tank transfer, I always had white/light tan ones and never had a problem.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I'm just the messenger on this....and this is what I was told years ago:

The white/light tan ones don't eat corals. However, the dark colored ones are the coral eaters.

Up until my tank transfer, I always had white/light tan ones and never had a problem.
Some of mine are darker ones. Kind of a salt and pepper look. However I have never seen them eat the corals. And there are plenty of them in the tank.

erics210

NJRC Member
Used to have a harlequin so added some as well. At some point he died. Lots and lots of smaller ones. So I will just siphon the population down over the new few weeks and just get em in check.
Do not see them eating my corals. Just looking to thin em out.
Worst case I can bring em to Saturday RAP for someone next week.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Harlequin shrimp destroy the population, sad I didn't realize my starfish population died out and he died too.... They're the coolest thing in the tank by far.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I watched my asterina eat a sponge today- took pics but for some reason I don't have them to share yet

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Watched my star eat some sponge yesterday

Attachments

• 20220620_132118.jpg
    20220620_132118.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220620_185946.jpg
    20220620_185946.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8