• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

At it again 75

DYIguy

NJRC Member
They need a high protein diet to keep the colors,I've always had luck with mysis,marine cuisine and fresh classic or mussels as a treat.
Good to know, I prefer my Canary to the midas- great color, constantly on the hunt for pods- rarely perches

Adam L

NJRC Member
Threw the skimmer in tonight,it's a curve 5 letting it flow over till it gets a little run time and can adjust it better.

if the foam does not stop after a day or two, I followed another member’s advice and ran the foam into a five gallon bucket and removed it. I started with dry rock and my phosphates were off the charts. I think they were creating the foam and until I removed it I couldn’t win.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
if the foam does not stop after a day or two, I followed another member’s advice and ran the foam into a five gallon bucket and removed it. I started with dry rock and my phosphates were off the charts. I think they were creating the foam and until I removed it I couldn’t win.
Turned out my water level was too high,once I dropped it down to about 5" it's great now.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Well
My yellow leather was looking bad,then good and kicked off lastnight and the tank is less than happy at the moment...
Have done 20 gallon water change,added carbon... fingers crossed

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Well
My yellow leather was looking bad,then good and kicked off lastnight and the tank is less than happy at the moment...
Have done 20 gallon water change,added carbon... fingers crossed
Sorry for your loss- was jealous when you got the yellow leather- I'm always looking for something different and love my leathers- odd that one would just die. I know that they don't like to be moved around but have found that they shrink if they aren't happy, so I move mine around to find their 'happy place'- lost some from shrinking but never to sudden death

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
So ontop of the leather dieing,had a ugly algae issue part 2.... Got everything back under control and tank is slowly recovering,fish are still all doing awesome and my plan for the end of May is to add either a gem tang or zebra tang and that will be it for fish and will concentrate on corals and an upgrade..:)

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
So,things are still slowly progressing cyano popped up now in some spots on the gravel. Been vacuuming it out and doing small water changes,going to put a reactor online soon with Dr.Tims pearls to get phosphates and nitrate down.After 2 months my anemone crab finally found the anemone...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230508-164931_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230508-164931_Messenger.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 6

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Picked up a couple things from Mike and Leah from NY aquatic. Another great round of quality fish.

Attachments

• 20230625_135658.jpg
    20230625_135658.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230625_131738.jpg
    20230625_131738.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6